I always enjoy sharing free STEM resources with parents, and today’s post is about Education.com, an educational site for PreK-5. This is a terrific website for parents, homeschoolers, teachers and anyone who is looking to nurture a child’s passion and curiosity through STEM lesson plans, projects, and activities. There are tons of math games and activities and science projects on Education.com for whatever subject area or grade level you would like.
I spoke with Seisha Lock, Community Manager at Education.com, about the company’s philosophy and she explained that the company’s approach to education focuses on these key points:
- Proven learning approaches- Teaching is one of the most challenging and complex jobs on the planet. Our digital resources, tools, and learning materials are developed by educational experts to incorporate leading pedagogical practices. They are useful in any type of teaching moment and many can be used to support national education standards.
- Empowered educators- From school teachers and tutors to homeschoolers and parents, engaged adults are the key to unlocking each child’s potential and drive to learn. We empower all kinds of educators to teach kids by providing the best educational resources in any form or device to be used at home, at school, and everywhere in-between.
- Unique experiences- There is no such thing as “one size fits all” in education; each educator and child has unique challenges and goals. We celebrate the diversity of our users by offering differentiated resources that can meet a wide range of educational needs – and raise kids’ confidence in learning.
- Conscientious and supportive- We continue to provide academically sound content of the highest caliber and welcome input from our users as we address issues of equity, diversity, inclusivity, and representation. Since we know there are many different approaches to teaching and education, we develop our materials to complement these different philosophies across subjects and grades.
Science and Math Resources- what you will find
Each piece of content on Education.com passes through the hands of an experienced teacher. This group of educators ensures that resources are of the highest quality and effectively address core skills. On the site, you will find worksheets, games, lesson plans, hands-on activities, and projects. To find specific STEM resources, visit these links:
Most Popular Activities
If you’re like me, you might want to start by seeing what some of the most popular math and science activities are based on ratings by users. If you visit the following pages, you wil see that activities are sorted by popularity. You can also do an advanced search and filter based on grade and subject matter to get even more specific. Here are a few examples:
- Educational Activities for Kids
- Educational Games for Kids
- Lesson Plans
- Free Worksheets and Printables for Kids
What Does it Cost?
A basic membership is free and you get a limited amount of access to content each month. This limit resets each month. With a premium membership, you get unlimited access to the entire library of games, worksheets, lesson plans, and more.
Finally, the company also offers resources in reading, social studies, and writing.
Image Credit: Education.com
Education.com aims to empower parents, teachers, and homeschoolers to help their children build essential skills and excel. With over 12 million members, Education.com provides educators of all kinds with high-quality learning resources, including worksheets, lesson plans, digital games, an online guided learning platform, and more.